Group work is about experiencing a ‘one for all and all for one’ approach to address individual aspirations and problems.
A group is both a refuge and an adventure. By providing every participant with as many perspectives as people in the room the group is a fantastic source of inspiration, feedback and guidance. The group is always changing, at each moment crystallising diagrams like a kaleidoscope. Working therapeutically in a group means to participate with the opening of every individual sprout until a forest is finally grown. And what a great joy a beautiful forest can be!
Goals of Group Therapy:
- Be nurtured by many perspectives
- Stop the isolating belief that “I am the only one who feels this way”
- Process difficult emotions safely
- Identify old negative patterns and develop new alternatives for being oneself
- Review defence mechanisms that have become problematic
- Create healthier relationships
- Learn how to be more honest
- Rehearse new dynamics of interaction with others
“Bárbara is an unconditional team player who can guide you through a self-discovery journey that empowers and clarifies at every level. Words are not enough to thank her for such an ethical and soulful work” – Fernando D., Architect, Argentina
“Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” Soren Kierkegaard
Group Therapy Harley Street