Bernadette Devine is an experienced international psychotherapy practitioner executive coach and yoga therapist, with extensive research, publication and practice experience in the fields of :
- eating disorders
- mental health wellness and stress
- post-traumatic stress disorders
- relationship psychotherapy
- bereavement, loss and new beginnings
Bernadette trained with the Institute of Psychosynthesis and works to the Institute’s psychology philosophy:
“The capacity to listen to soul is dependent on the ability to be responsive at the level of one’s feelings to the environment – both inner and outer – in which we are living. Living in the rational world as we do, particularly in the West, this ability is often lost and we therefore live our lives far from our essential self.
To recover this capacity, we need to learn to be psychologically minded, to learn to self-reflect and to recover a more soulful way of being in the world”.
Bernadette is passionate about psychotherapy and its potential to create meaningful change in individuals experiencing soul trauma. Bernadette has trained to Masters degree level in a number of areas. and is also a member of recognised professional associations, works in business consultancy, psychotherapy private practice, and supervises therapists and managers.
- Masters Degree in Psychosynthesis – Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MSc Medical Anthropology
- BSc (Hons) Social Science – Statistics
- Registered General Nurse
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Certificate in Counselling
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma Post Traumatic Stress Therapy
25 years in the field of human potential counselling and therapy and past clients include:
Department of Health
Irish National Health Service (Medical Negligence Expert)
National Health Service (NHS).
Employee Assistance Agencies.
Academic lecturer and course developer.
Trainer in Counselling, Psychotherapy and Supervision.
Co-Author of Masters Cancer Module – The Cancer Coach Resource Tool.
Author and Trainer in working with addiction and substance misuse.
Addiction agencies supervisor.
Bernadette has practices in Harley Street, London Bridge and Marlow.
• Patriarchy Midwifery & The Medicalisation of Childbirth
• The Body In Flight MSc Dissertation
• The Broken Heart and the Soul’s Unfolding MA Psychotherapy
• Interreg (France Sussex & Kent) Project Review
• Lean Times & Sacred Cows: affordable health in times of change
• Cancer Reform Strategy
• The Absent Presence: a special relationship (cancer patients and multi-disciplinary team meetings)
• Change in a Cold Climate
• Making Provisions for End of Life Care
Prognostic Indicator Guides End of Life care DH
Improving Access to Psychological Care (IAPT) Sussex
Resilience Plans for NHS South East CCGs
Dorset CCG Out of Hospital Strategy
Professional Body Memberships
Registered nurse/midwife with the NMC (https://www.nmc.org.uk/Search-the-register/ )
***. Bernadette also has a coaching consultancy, and is an international speaker on mental wellness, along with an international career in clinical negligence and risk management.
Expert Witness Tribunals include:
Institutional Childhood Abuse and Trauma
Caesarean Hysterectomies Obstetric Tribunal
Hepatitis C Tribunal