As many as one in four people in the UK may be suffering from insomnia according to the University of Southampton.
Medication rarely solves the causes of insomnia. Solution Focused Sleep Therapy is a natural therapy which combines elements from CBTi and Hypnotherapy to help people get a better night’s sleep.
CBTi (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Insomnia) is recommended by NICE as the first line treatment for insomnia.
Good sleep is essential for physical and mental health. Common problems are:
- Waking up at night
- Difficulty getting to sleep
- Difficulty waking up
- Waking up too early
Solution focused Sleep Therapy
There are four key elements :
- Helping you understand more about why you are not sleeping
- Looking at what may be preventing you from sleeping
- Helping you to reduce stress/anxiety so that you can relax enough to get to sleep
- Helping you to change routines and behaviours so that you can sleep better and more easily
How does Solution Focused Sleep Therapy work?
Firstly, there is a thorough initial assessment with you to find out what techniques and therapy elements are most likely to help you.
After the assessment a personalised treatment plan will be developed for you which will include helping you to find a solution right for you of specific techniques and routines as well as hypnotherapy to help you in a relaxed and positive way. Treatment plans are normally 6-10 weeks for most individuals.
Insomnia treatment plan
This can be booked after the assessment and initial consultation. Sessions are 50 minutes and consist of:
- Ongoing targeted education to help you understand more about sleep based on your needs
- Help to change your routines around sleep in the ways that you think will help you best
- Hypnotherapy to help you relax and reduce stress/anxiety that may be stopping you from sleeping well
- Solution focused talking therapy to help you make progress towards your sleep goals
Most people need 6-10 sessions. A more accurate indication of number of sessions can be given after the initial consultation and assessment.
SleepTherapy at London Harley Street