Muneeza Khimji M.A., MBPsS Psychologist and Psychotherapist
Muneeza Khimji is a member of the British Psychological Society with 18 years of experience as a therapist. She has knowledge of CBT – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing.
A type of psychotherapeutic treatment that helps clients understand how their thoughts and feelings influence behaviour. During the course of treatment, people learn how to identify and change unhelpful or irrational thoughts patterns that have a negative influence on behaviour.
CBT helps challenge negative core beliefs and is a most effective approach for people suffering from :
- PTSD – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
The British National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (N.I.C.E.) recommends Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to treat Depression and severe to moderate anxiety.
A model to find resolution to mild and extreme trauma using bilateral stimulation of the brain through a particular eye movement technique. Traumas are relative to each person and this approach is highly effective with all traumas from minor ones to PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
“Everything You Want: The Secrets Behind The Law of Attraction,” Trafford, 2007. “Letting Go: Your Key to Positive Thinking and Success,” Longhorn, 2008. (Both featured in several newspapers). www.amazon.co.uk
Muneeza has spoken on concepts such as Positive Thinking, The Law of Attraction and Letting Go as a guest speaker for:
The American Women’s Association, www.awakenya.org Good Morning Kenya (T.V), www.kbc.co.ke Ismaili Book Club, Aga Khan Youth Association, East F.M (Radio), www.eastfm.com French Women’s Association, Aga Khan Foundation, www.akdn.org Muslim Women’s Association, Rotary Club of Nairobi, www.rotarynairobi.org and the Sikh Women’s Association, www.sws.co.ke
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology from University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Masters Degree in Psychoanalytic Studies from Brunel University
- Diploma in Family Law and Child Law from Holborn College
- Corporate Coach from Corporate Coach University, Licensed Coaching Clinic Facilitator (Training & Development), Train the
- Trainer Program, 2004 and Certificate of Coaching, 2006, Respectively
- University of Waterloo, Conrad Grebel college – Waterloo, Canada. Certificate in Family Mediation (Concentration in Domestic Violence 2010
- Trauma – Aid Hap-Germany- Nairobi, Kenya
- EMDR Training Level 1- October 2014. Level 2- September 2015.
Critical incidents of organizational stress – Dubai, U.A.E – Muneeza trained 400 executives in a 3-day seminar on ways to debrief during incidents of crisis.
Africa Peace Forum: a think tank for Ambassador B. Kiplagat, Executive Director of Africa Peace Forum, to aid in providing solutions to the growing social, economic and political issues facing Kenya, 2007.
Training on Crisis Prevention, CRISIS PREVENTION INC. – Wisconsin, U.S.A.
ASSOCIATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS:
- EMDR Kenya Trust and MBPsS
- Trained 400 executives: 3-day seminar on ways to debrief critical incidents of organizational stress – Dubai, U.A.E
- Training on Crisis Prevention, CRISIS PREVENTION INC. – Wisconsin, U.S.A;
- Africa Peace Forum: participated in a think tank for Ambassador B. Kiplagat, Executive Director of Africa Peace Forum, to aid in providing solutions to the growing social, economic and political issues facing Kenya, 2007.