2019 Novel Coronavirus ( 2019 – nCoV) by Dr Angeliki Kalliontzi, Medical Microbiologist and Homeopath
As the Coronavirus outbreak continues, sharing advice on ways to treat or prevent the disease is essential.
Although the virus is particularly virulent at this moment, only a very small fraction of those exposed have died. A small fraction becomes quite ill and the rest become ill in a usual Flu manner. In understanding a patient’s reaction to the virus, it helps to think of the challenges it presents as twofold.
- First there is the damage that virus causes by itself upon the body.
- Secondly, and perhaps more important, it is the damage which is caused by one’s own immune system in response to the virus and which may be lethal.
Supporting the immune system and helping people
Develop an appropriate immune response it is of paramount importance.
There are some things that you can do right now to support your immune system.
- Make sure that your immune system is not being stressed by other illnesses. Try to get other chronic ailments under good control.
- Eat a diet that supports optimal immune function.
- Remember to exercise.
- Ensure adequate sleep.
- Decrease smoking.
- Try to reduce your stress levels. As stress increases, cortisol levels go up and that has a negative impact on your immune function.
- Daily use of Vitamine C + Zinc during the months Seasonal Flu.
- Daily use of Probiotics during the months of Seasonal Flu.